Monday, November 9, 2009

Dear 3rd and 5th Grade Families!

November, 2009


Dear 3rd and 5th Grade Families,

Thank you for the warm welcome into the Sioux Trail team! I am thrilled to start working with your students this coming week in both reading and math. Mrs. Engdahl, Mr. Kleven, Ms. Brandon, Mrs. Laatsch, and I have worked together to create a plan that will help reduce class sizes and create more opportunities to work in smaller groups with students.

As Mr. Akin had mentioned in his newsletter home, I am a recent graduate from the University of Iowa with two degrees, one in education and one in journalism. It is great to be back in Minnesota where I grew up. Over the past few years I have taught a variety of students at different age levels. I am very excited to teach students from both 3rd and 5th grade!

I am also looking forward to getting to know both you and your children throughout this academic year. I encourage communication between parents, teachers, and students in order to foster the students' academic growth. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding your student via email or phone. My email address is: kmulvahill@burnsville.k12.mn.us. The telephone number I can be reached at is (952) 707-3370. I will also be running a classroom website and a classroom blog in order to keep families up-to-date with what has been happening in the classroom and what they can expect in the weeks to come. The classroom website can be found through the Sioux Trail website at: www.ISD191.org/Siouxtrail. The classroom blog can be found at: missmulvahill.blogspot.com. Please use these resources as a way to check on student assignments and daily activities!

I look forward to meeting you in the near future!

Sincerely,

Miss Mulvahill

No comments:

Post a Comment